Fairmont Area Schools
The central mission of Fairmont Area Schools is student learning: Inspired Learning for Life! We work together to help all students to master our essential learning standards and to achieve well beyond these essential standards in those areas where they have the interest and ability to do so.
In order to better define this mission we are systematically working to provide clear answers to the following fundamental questions:
- What is it that we want all students to learn – by grade level, by course and by unit of instruction?
- How will we know when each student has acquired the intended knowledge and skills?
- How will we respond when students experience initial difficulty so that we can improve upon current levels of learning?
- How will we respond when students have acquired knowledge and skills beyond the typical scope of the curriculum?
The work necessary to answer these questions drives our continuous improvement and staff development initiatives.
Granada Huntley East Chain
Vision: A small community school committed to excellence in technology, academics, leadership, and extracurricular activities in which everyone matters.
Mission: Assist all students in acquiring the academic, social, technical, and personal skills needed to become career, college, and a community ready while developing a love for learning.
Truman Public Schools
Mission: The Truman Public School should help each student develop mentally, morally and physically, and believes:
a) that all children should learn to live satisfactorily within their own group and community at large,
b) that each experience in school is a part of life experience and should prepare the individual for a worthwhile future and
c) that training for high ideals, good habits, skills and appreciation should be given to all pupils despite their differences in mental and physical capacities and social and racial backgrounds thus provide a common basis of understanding for all.
Martin County West
- Student-focused: Student needs are prioritized and drive decisions and actions
- Excellence: High expectations are held for all and all we do
- Responsibility: Take ownership and accountability for our words, actions, and choices
- Integrity: Do the right thing at all times, even when it is difficult
- Collaboration: Actively engage all stakeholders to create great results
- Transparency: Maintain trust through open communication with all stakeholders
Area Christian Schools
St. Paul Fairmont
- The CHRISTIAN HOME is the Master’s Workshop where the processes of character molding are silently, lovingly, faithfully, and successfully carried on.
- The CHRISTIAN SCHOOL broadens and continues the training which began in the Christian Home. It teaches God’s plan, which encompasses knowledge of yesterday and today, for tommorrow.
- The CHRISTIAN CHURCH is the Firm Foundation, our Refuge and Strength. It gives meaning and direction to living and learning in God’s world. Lutheran schools provide a distinctively Christian home-church-school partnership.
St. John Vianney
We at SJV School believe in the education of the total person centered around Catholic principles and values. Therefore, we believe that the students, parents, faculty, and staff of SJV School work to form a faith community to foster a Christian environment. Each person’s positive self-concept is developed through spiritual growth, academic achievement and instruction among home, school, and community.
Fairmont Christian School
Fairmont Christian School desires for children to grow in…
- Faith by integrating Biblical truth throughout the day using Scripture, prayer, and praise to God.
- Discovery and love of learning by nurturing a sense of curiosity.
- Learning through intentional instruction and practice of character traits.
St. James Lutheran
A Christian day school, St. James Lutheran School serves the academic, spiritual, social, and physical needs of children preschool through 6th grade from Martin, Faribault, and Watonwan Counties in Minnesota and from communities in northern Iowa. Located in the City of Northrop, St. James Lutheran School is midway between Fairmont and Truman on MN Hwy 15.
Martin Luther HS
Not a Lutheran? Not a problem! All teens in grades 7-12 are welcome to enroll at MLHS and benefit from the a Christian junior/senior high school education. The close, friendly atmosphere and good, caring teachers nurtures students’ success.
St. Paul’s Truman
St. Paul’s School has a tradition of over 100 years of providing a sound academic program preparing students for the next level of education. Our small school size creates a family atmosphere centered in God’s concern and care for His children. Students are assured of individual attention and close monitoring of progress.